Who are we?
Canadianpond.ca Products Ltd. and Produits Etang.ca Ltée are the same company that operates in both English and French. Our offices and storefront are located in the village of Knowlton (Lac-Brome), Quebec, Canada.
We offer aeration system design services, on-site and remote consultation, product sales, installation and service for private, industrial and municipal clients throughout Canada, the US and around the world. Many clients receive advice from us over the phone or through our online needs form. In some instances we can offer project supervision.
Our private clients consult us regarding water quality issues like algae, poor water clarity, fish kills and invasive weed problems. Many chose to beautify their waterscapes with lighted fountains. Lake associations meet with us to plan ways to improve soluble phosphorous loads and reduce other nutrients in their water that contribute to persistent weeds, algae problems and fish kill. Campgrounds rely on us to help keep their beaches open throughout the summer.
Industrial clients come to us for large scale aeration and de-icing projects. We are experts at retrofitting existing aeration systems with state of the art products that not only reduce operational costs, but improve parameter readings through more efficient oxygen transfer rates.
Municipalities work with us to improve public bathing waters, to update water treatment facilities or to partner up for special projects in the realm of aquatic habitat improvement and surface water management. We have many solutions for diversifying aquatic habitat in urban environments while enriching the public’s interaction with natural aquatic habitats.
Our clients appreciate our ability to problem solve as a team, and to find creative solutions for a wide array of water quality issues, that are often more cost effective then current systems. If we do not have what you are looking for on our website, we can try to find and order what you do need. We are well known for our excellent after-sale service.
Canadianpond.ca Products Ltd. provides clients with ecological choices for improving water quality safely and efficiently, as nature would do. Constantly looking for new and innovative products that mimic natural systems, our mission is to help you find solutions to water quality management through education and action. Our product line is growing in response to your needs, whether they be from the industrial, residential or municipal sector. We strive to be leaders in the field of water management. We believe strongly in developing a mutually respectful relationship with our clients, so that together we improve the quality of water one basin at a time!
So, a little about us! Canadianpond.ca Products Ltd. was incorporated in 2003 as a complementary company to Les Etangs PPM (1999), a company owned and operated by Mario Paris that specialized in earth pond construction and aquatic management.
Supplying aquatic products to aquatic managers in industry, in the municipal sector or to private lake owners is our priority, however we are still passionate about pond design or anything that relates to water management!
Coming from the roots of ecological design and construction of aquatic habitats has given Canadianpond.ca an edge in practical application, an understanding of ecosystem design in relation to site, hydrology, climate, soils and use. In other words we are not just a retail sales outlet, we are experienced designers and managers of aquatic habitats. Much of what we know translates easily to aquatic needs found in municipal, industrial and residential waters. Water quality issues in closed basins in the fields of waste water management now represents a significant portion of our business.
The founder of the company is Mario Paris, a fishery technician by trade with over 10 years of experience working in British Columbia, Yukon and Northwest Territories as an aquatic environmental consultant, before settling in Quebec in 1997.
We began with just one client and now we have thousands of clients worldwide. Currently we sell throughout Canada, the United States, France, Europe, Asia and Africa. We began with one authorized dealership, now we have many more covering specific territories. In addition we are representing the most important brand names and product lines in the industry. We chose strategiess that mimic natural systems as these give the most effective results with the least impact to natural systems.
Canadianpond.ca not only represents solid brand name products, we have designed and engineered our own line of linear aeration with our self sinking Bubble Tubing and our unique family of beneficial bacteria products under the trade name Bacterius.
From a home based office to our existing facilities in Knowlton, Quebec, our growth has been steady and exciting; our passion for aquatic environments, unsurpassed.
Fields of expertise
Our extensive knowledge of ponds and aquatic solutions has been built over years of experience in the fields of aquatic management; pond engineering, pond construction and aquatic habitat maintenance. We advocate mimicking natural ecological systems from the design stage up to the management of existing aquatic environments.
We continually test our product line in the field, enabling us to evaluate and recommend the highest quality products for any aquatic project.
Since 1999 our team has been involved in thousands of projects, big and small from private ponds to large lake restoration projects, from private leachate treatment sites to industrial wastewater plants all finding lasting and efficient results with our products and knowledge. We thrive on challenges that move our expertise further ahead and that help us understand better the complexities of aquatic environments.
Our success is based on several principles:
- Listening to our client’s needs and developing an integrated approach to reach objectives, time lines and budgets.
- Selling only what is required, when required and only if required.
- Offering the best products available to us. We only sell products that we would use in our own ponds. We value quality, experience and proven effectiveness over making a quick sale. We have designed our own products when we could not find what we wanted on the market. We are actively involved in research and design for our own and other manufacturer’s products.
- Encouraging a team approach. The Canadianpond Team works with the client for the best results. Promoting water management concepts to our clients allows them to become better water managers themselves while furthering environmental stewardship and improving water quality over time.
- Staying informed about research and developments in our field. We stay abreast of the latest developments and findings regarding water quality, technological developments and other issues pertaining to our clients or our products through training, research and information technologies. We are passionate about pond and water management!
- Drawing on extensive field experience, water testing results, observation from site visits, annecdotal accouts, photos and site plans, we use these tools to help assess a problem and to design effective solutions. As distributors of over 20 brand name products, we know intimately the performance ratings, limitations and strengths of all our products.
You are in exceptionally capable hands at Canadianpond.ca!
Municipalities across Canada come to us for solutions to algae problems, odours in surface recreational ponds, nutrient problems from water fowl or simply to beautify a community lake with a lighted fountain or archipelago of floating islands. We often help waste water treatment plants to retrofit existing systems to improve energy efficiency or oxygen transfer rates. Sometimes Municipalities simply replace aeration stones that clog and require maintenance, with our self-sinking bubble tubing. Our line of aerators, valves, gate jacks, beneficial bacteria, floating islands and tubing are just the solutions many Municipalities turn to for a wide array of surface water needs.
Commercial industries in Canada and indeed globally find ingenious applications for many of our products. From bubble curtains made with our bubble tubing to protect marine life during underwater blasting, to large scale de-icing projects that help prevent flooding and ice damage to property, our product line serves the needs of many small and large scale projects. Our team has the capabilities to design unique systems using a combination of new and existing infrastructure, always with a goal of improved efficiency and effectiveness. Combining the science of natural systems with modern applications, our solutions are long lasting and ecological as possible.
Contact us with your project needs.
Media Room (both French & English)
About Bubble Tubing and Aeration Projects
- What can bubbles and bacteria do for you (PDF)
- Dépotoir orphelin de Sainte-Anne-de-la-Rochelle, des signes encourageants (PDF)
- New Aeration Tubing Offers Improved Alternative For Pond Aeration, Lake Restoration, Wastewater Treatment And Municipal Aeration (PDF)
- No way for fish – The Economist (Bubble Curtains)
- Sons et lumières pour protéger les grands lacs (Bubble Curtains – PDF) et L’ABC du guidage des espèces aquatiques – LaPresse+
- Rescuing the lake (PDF)
- Le secret de l’eau claire (PDF)
- Soulagement au Camping Tropicana: les baignades de nouveau autorisées (PDF)
- Une fontaine au lac Alouette (PDF)
About our Collaborators and Distributors
- Diversified Pond Supplies, USA
- In Vivo Environnement and RESIBAD, France for Air Bubble Curtain Applications
- Randhawa Brosons Enterprises, India
- Coastworks, UK
- RS CoastCare, Denmark
About Floating Islands Projects
- STACKING FUNCTIONS: Floating Island Technology (PDF)
- Knowlton business invited to investigate solutions to blue-green algae (PDF)
- Floating Islands put Knowlton in Spotlight (PDF)
- Des îles qui purifient l’eau (PDF)
- Une île flottantes à la rescousse dun lac pollué (PDF)
- Building green means restoring entire ecosystems (PDF)
- Algues bleues dans nos lacs, enfin une solution
- YouTube Channel: Îles flottantes BioHaven Floating Islands
- La Ville de Granby s’attaque au problème des bernaches au parc Daniel-Johnson (PDF)<
- Le système “Au Revoir les Oies” à l’essai (PDF)