Ask for your copy of the test results of Bubble Tubing® oxygen transfer capabilities
Efficient aeration with micro-bubbles
For linear deicing projects
For waste water aeration
Bubble Tubing®, Fine Bubble Linear Diffuser
Bubble Tubing® is high-quality, durable, flexible, linear aeration tubing. As industry leaders in aeration, Canadianpond.ca designed Bubble Tubing® to give above average oxygen transfer rates in water. We designed Bubble Tubing® so it would be easy to install and maintain (anti-fouling). It is available in weighted and non-weighted formats, custom or standard lengths. Our Bubble Tubing® can be found in thousands of aeration, de-icing and mixing applications worldwide! Canadian made to our exacting specifications; this linear diffuser tubing is lead-free. It performs for many years beyond its 5-year warranty. Designed and made in Canada.
Fine bubble diffusers such as our Bubble Tubing® produce many tiny air bubbles (less than 1 mm in diameter). Tiny bubbles rise steadily from the floor of a wastewater treatment basin or the bottom of waterways and canals, ponds, lakes or lagoons. These bubbles provide substantial and efficient mass transfer of oxygen into the water. This oxygen, combined with the food source, sewage or sediment, allows naturally occurring bacteria to produce enzymes. Enzymes help break down waste or sediment made of accumulated organic matter.
Table of content
- Independent Test Results for oxygen transfer capabilities
- Fine Bubble Technology at work
- Optimising Oxygen Transfer Rates
- Our Bubble Tubing® Products
- Features of Bubble Tubing®
- What sets it apart from other linear diffusers?
- Available Formats
- Operations: How does it work?
- Specific Applications
- Related content (case studies, portfolio and other articles)
- Video playlists on YouTube
Since 2011 we have independent test results for the oxygen transfer capabilities of Bubble Tubing®. GSEE Inc of Laverne, TN performed these tests. The results are for the ½”, ¾” weighted bubble tubing formats. They also tested our ½” non-weighted format tubing embedded in the OctoAir™-10 stainless steel diffuser.
- GSEE test results, Bubble Tubing® 1/2″(PDF)
- GSEE test results, Bubble Tubing® 3/4″(PDF)
- Independent performance test report – Imperial (PDF)
- Independent performance test report – Metric (PDF)
- Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Technical Drawing (PDF)
“Overall, the results obtained for the CanadianPond.ca Products Ltd. aeration systems were uniformly excellent and produced some of the highest SOTE values GSEE Inc. has observed.”
Gerald L.Shell GSEE Environmental Consultants, LaVergne, TN, Sept.2011
The size of the bubble matters greatly for the application as we have noticed in our work. The fine bubbles (microbubbles) are critical for achieving precise results whether oxygenating a wastewater treatment plant, using aeration to biologically remove excess nutrients, or using aeration for fluid mixing. Deicing and air bubble curtains applications that rely more on mixing and moving water also benefit from billions upon billions of microbubbles produced by Bubble Tubing®. Not only do bubbles transfer oxygen and decontaminate water by oxidation, but they also move and mix, clarify, and de-stratify water. Thus the same technology has many diverse applications.
Bubble Tubing® optimises oxygen transfer and lifts water which aids in total circulation throughout the water column. As it functions without moving parts or electricity in the water, it increases performance efficiency while significantly reducing electrical and maintenance costs in comparison to other aeration systems. For deicing purposes, the bubbles leaving the Bubble Tubing® also bring dense, heavier, warmer water from the depths to the surface, inhibiting ice formation. This tubing, made of highly resistant yet flexible PVC, is non-kinking and holds no memory when deployed.
Bubble Tubing® is sold custom cut, per foot, or by rolls of 100′ or more and in a variety of formats. Contact us for prices and details.
It is also a component of:
- CanadianAir™ Aeration Systems
- Thawline™ Bubbler Deicers
- OctoAir™ Industrial Diffuser for aeration or deicing (embedded in the stainless steel frame)
- Bubble Tubing® is flexible, it holds no memory and will not kink, is easy to install and is safe for the environment (does not contain lead).
- Made exclusively in Canada to our exact specifications, impressive 5-year warranty.
- High oxygen transfer rate. A full evaluation of the oxygen transfer capabilities by independent firm available.
- Applications range from farm ponds to the largest industrial projects.
- Suitable for fresh and saltwater applications, from shallow to deep waters.
- Inner pressure prevents clogging; tubing is low maintenance, anti-fouling.
- No moving parts or electricity in the water.
- Highly resistant PVC (chemicals, salinity, temperature).
- Weighted and non-weighted formats available.
- Tubing can be purchased with all the necessary hardware, ready to be installed.
Our Bubble Tubing® has very high SAE (Standard Aeration Efficiency), SOTR (Standard Oxygen Transfer Rate), SOTE (Standard Oxygen Transfer Efficiency) performance ratings. The Bubble Tubing® linear air diffuser has two opposite rows of fine holes 1.3 cm (1/2″) apart along the entire length of the tubing. Some of our clients expect that drilling holes in a polyethylene hose will give similar performance results as our Bubble Tubing®. Others think soaker hose purchased in a hardware store is a similar product, not so. Here is what we know about our Bubble Tubing®:
- Precision manufacturing means excellent field performance year after year, backed by our 5-year warranty.
- Aeration holes maintain their geometry after thousands of hours of performance. Cost savings due to high performance and low maintenance is impressive.
- The Bubble Tubing® bubbles are truly micro-bubbles. The smaller the bubble diameter, the higher oxygen transfer rate. Millions of fine micro-bubbles create a larger surface area to transfer oxygen than fewer larger (coarse) bubbles. Our independent test results attest to this. Quality products going into manufacturing produces quality performance in harsh environments.
- When it comes to aeration, bigger bubbles do not mean better results, but it can mean higher operational costs.
- The diffuser is designed specifically to prevent clogging and fouling. Maintenance is extremely low compared to other micro-bubble technology when our parameters are followed and respected.
- Easy annual cleaning can be done quickly with BioPurge. We recommend this product as it will not change the chemical nature of the tubing material. The tubing stays in the water for cleaning while you save time and labour.
- I.D. sizes available: 15 mm ( ½”), 20 mm ( ¾”), 25 mm (1”) 30 mm ( 1 ¼”)
- Available in weighted and non-weighted formats for 15 mm ( ½”), 20 mm ( ¾”) formats
- 20 mm ( ¾”), 25 mm (1”) and 30 mm ( 1 ¼”) formats come with integral stainless steel cord in ballast for strength and weight
- Available Lengths: roll, spool, special run and special cut lengths, contact us for details
Compressed air enters the tubing creating an inner pressure. It is released through the perforations thanks to the precision holes found along both sides of the entire length of tubing. The ensuing micro-bubbles are efficient in preventing clogging and fouling (typically found in porous diffusers), of the entire length of tubing. They form a bubble curtain of uniform and evenly dispersed fine bubbles.
No matter the scale of operations the same basic principle applies: A compressor’s heat hose is attached to the airline delivery hose which itself is connected to the Bubble Tubing® equipped with a check valve. The compressor pushes the air through both the feeder hose and the diffuser tubing that releases the air uniformly into the water.
We offer all the necessary products from start to finish, to fully set-up a reliable and efficient aeration system for you. We can size the compressor for the application, suggest tubing layout, suggest cost effective design modifications, and offer to troubleshoot. Our experience designing aeration and deicing systems with Bubble Tubing® is substantial, and our expertise is sought for many aeration projects.
Our Bubble Tubing® has been used for over a decade in a wide array of applications by various industries, government, and the private sector. Manufacturing and processing plants, mining, port authorities, aquaculture, agriculture, waterways and canals, parks and recreation, engineering, landscaping and reclamation firms, marine construction, universities and research facilities, ponds and lakes, are markets currently using Bubble Tubing®.
- Aeration sewage lagoons, wastewater treatment process plants, leachate ponds, etc.
- Earthen ponds, dugouts, lakes, etc.
- Waterways and channels
- Stormwater retention ponds
- Septic systems
- Deicing docks, power plant water intake, marina slips, shoreline and water retention structures, industrial ship docking, ocean freight & maritime transport, pumping operations and nuclear power generating plants.
- Efficient Bottom-to-Top Water Circulation and Mixing for water treatment, deicing, and other application
- Pathogen Reduction, the bubbles lift deeper waters to the surface for UV exposure.
- Underwater Air Bubble Curtains for:
– protecting fish and marine mammals from underwater blasting and pile driving noise
– diverting marine mammals away from offshore oil platforms and wind power farm construction and continuous operation vibrations and noises (machinery and engine noise)
– containing oil spills within a given area
– controlling movement of marine life, plants and debris. A bubble barrier can control the movement of marine life, floating debris, migration of jellyfish, fish, seagrass, debris, sediments, etc.
- Water Quality improvement for increasing water clarity, reducing algae blooms and reducing H2S Hydrogen Sulphide production for odour suppression.
- Restoring Eutrophic Lake in India with Bubble Tubing® Aeration
- Controlling Manganese & Ammonia Levels in Drinking Water
- Trout Pond Regeneration with Solar Aeration System
- Biological Landfill Leachate, Wastewater and Effluent Treatment
- Biological Treatment of Industrial Residual Waste Water
- Control Water Quality in Farm Ponds for Irrigation or Fishing
- Creating Ice Free Zones for Industrial Dredges & Barges
- Deicing Waterways for Ferry Crossings and Terminals
- Ensuring Water Quality in Narrow, Shallow Canals
- Ocean Fish Farm Containment and Water Quality Control
- Protecting Cargo Ships and Dock Structures from Ice Damage
- Restoring and Managing Eutrophic Lakes & Reservoirs
- Water Barrier with Air Bubble Curtains to protect Marine Wildlife
- Fine Micro Bubble Diffuser and its application
- Air Bubble Curtains
- OctoAir™-10 Industrial Grade Diffuser for Aeration & Deicing
- CanadianAir™ Systems (for aeration and deicing)
- Deicing Bubbler Systems