Aeration | SEIKA Ecorator Aerators
SEIKA Ecorator High Performance Air Diffuser
The Ecorator and Ecorator Jr. diffusers are suitable for heavy industrial and municipal wastewater treatment purposes as they act to both mix and oxidize sludge. The Ecorator works through an injection of air that forms into a vortex as the air rises to the surface. This vortex sucks sludge upwards through the diffuser and mixes it with oxygen and water to allow for maximum sludge breakdown. These cylindrical diffusers are specially constructed to prevent clogging, sludge accumulation and reduce operation cost. These diffusers are also easily retrofitted and function ideally on low-pressure blowers or air pumps.
SEIKA Ecorator high-performance air diffuser technology is ideal for:
- Mixing and blending of liquids with high levels of solids.
- Treatment of heavy municipal or industrial wastewater in warm or cold climates.
- Reducing operating and equipment costs through a simple and non-clogging design.
- Upgrading existing conventional treatment systems at a competitive cost.
- Meeting treatment targets for effluents, regardless of most limiting conditions.
Key Features of SEIKA Ecorator
No clogging: Large section area of the emission parts, avoids any clogging. Intermittent operation is also available.
No sediment on the tank bottom: The ejector mechanism employed in the body assures a vast fluid passage area in the cylinder. The Ecorator sucks up a large amount of sludge and remaining fluid and is able to equally agitate heavy sludge in the tank.
High-efficiency oxygen resolution: The ejector and venturi cutter generates fine air bubbles. In addition, the powerful airlift effect breaks down the sucked air bubbles in water over and over again.
Energy saving effect: Smaller risk of damage caused by pressure and high-efficiency oxygen resolution at the air emission component, combine to reduce the burden on the blower to enable stable operation with less power consumption.
Perfectly maintenance-free: With no clogging, regular cleaning or part replacement is not necessary. Long-term use of the Ecorator is possible without any decline in initial performance.
|SEIKA Ecorator||Conventional air diffuser|
|LIFETIME||Approx. 15 years or longer||Approx. 3-5 years|
|CLOGGING (maintenance)||No clogging||Gradual clogging|
|DEAD SPACE||No accumulation of sludge thanks to powerful airlift power||Accumulation of sludge|
|POWER CONSUMPTION||Improvement in oxygen resolution efficiency lessens blower power||Clogging results in dropping resolution efficiency|
|EFFECT vs. COST||Fewer pipes reduce initial cost||Unit price is low but piping cost is high due to the use of many pipes|
|EASY INSTALLATION & PIPING||Exchangeable even when full of water||Drainage work needed|
|AGITATION POWER||Increased agitation power via an improvement in flowrate||Unable to agitate the material at the tank bottom|
Interior Structure of the SEIKA Ecorator
Air is equally distributed all over the cylinder interior by positioning the air emission component on the outside of the inner cylinder and by employing a special gas distribution structure. The air emitted from the emission component creates a stripping phenomenon as a result of the newly developed MCV structure. Structural refinement enhances oxygen resolution efficiency.
Powerful suction power
Employment of a newly developed ejector theory for the air emission component has increased suction power.
Basis for the lack of clogging
- The large air emission component seldom incurs a back-flow.
- The air emission section area is about 40 times that of the membrane diffuser.
Principle of fine air bubble creation
- The air emission component is on the outside of the inner cylinder and the air and water are split with a cutter for efficient mixing.
- The venturi cutter employs aeromechanics which generate a pressure difference between passing water and air bubbles, splitting the air bubbles, and refining the structure.
- The unique powerful suction sucks a large amount of sludge water from the tank bottom, increases contact with the air bubbles, and heightens the oxygen resolution efficiency.
SEIKA Ecorator Jr. option
The SEIKA Ecorator Jr. is a downsized version of the Ecorator. See the Technical sheets below for more information.
Long life time
- Large air outlet enables long life time
- No consumable parts
- No clogging
- No maintenance
- No replacement
- Material: polypropylene (high resistance to chemical and temperature)
Because the Ecorator Jr. has the same air-flow volume and uses the same connector diameter as those of existing air diffusers (membrane diffusers), replacement is easy.
Vacuuming sludge from the bottom and mixing prevent from accumulating sludge and occurring anaerobic condition. Less oxygen is needed.
SEIKA Ecorator Jr. Oxygen Resolution Efficiency (vs. water depth)
- Material: polypropylene
- Connection: 20A union and flange type
- Outlet air: 150 to 300 L/min.
- Weight: Approx. 400 g.