Water Treatments | Bacterius™, Natural Beneficial Bacteria
3 – Bacterius™ EQUINOX, Cold Water Beneficial Bacteria Treatment
$ 21.00 – $ 299.00
$ 18.90 – $ 269.10
Bacterius™ EQUINOX is a cold water treatment for spring and fall. Bacterius™ EQUINOX improves water quality in cold water, preserving the health and vitality of the animal and plant life in the pond.
Our conditioner is composed of non-pathogenic bacteria selected and isolated for their capacity to decompose naturally and completely, organic material present in water or muck. These bacteria produce hydrolytic enzymes in large quantities, that adapt and colonize easily in their new environment. Their rapid deployment in an aquatic environment ensures a dynamic balance between the generation and recycling of organic matter (mineralization).
Bacterius™ EQUINOX was developed to biodegrade cellulose material generated from dead leaves in autumn.
Bacterius™ EQUINOX rapidly colonizes in the muck and quickly prevents the proliferation of sulfate-reducing bacteria that are responsible for H2S that contributes to anoxic conditions. H2S is a toxic gas that causes unpleasant odors (rotten egg smell) and deterioration of bacterial biofilms.
Benefits of Bacterius™ EQUINOX for cold water
Use Bacterius™ EQUINOX for:
- Natural clarification of pond water
- Biodegrading the organic matter suspended in the water and in the sludge (from uneaten fish food, fish waste or plant residues)
- Decreasing the concentration of various elements used in fertilizers (nitrogen and phosphorus)
- Ensuring better control of floating algae in the water
- Minimizing the damage of winter anoxic shock (fish kills)
- Facilitating the spring recovery of the pond
- Maintaining the integrity of bacterial biofilms until spring
- Reducing odors due to anoxic conditions (H2S)
- Contains only active bacterial strains, no filling agents are used.
- Exceptional Stability without chemical preservatives.
- Bacterial population entirely sporulated.
- Contains only bacterial strains tested and identified by the DNA sequencing method.
The dosage may vary depending on application and environmental conditions.
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING. If possible, use opened bottles within year of purchase.
≤ 100 m³ water volume : 25 ml / m³
> 100 m³ water volume : 10 ml / m³
≤ 100 m³ water volume : 100 ml / m³
> 100 m³ water volume : 40 ml / m³
Conditions: +5ºC, pH 5-9. Active in fresh and salt water.
Maintains excellent water quality throughout the cold water season.
Add the treatment dose evenly over the surface to be treated. If the pond is too big to do so, add the dose in the area of turbulence of the water supply or close to the diffusers.
FOR A LARGE-SCALE USE, PLEASE CONSULT US.
MADE IN CANADA
- 1 litre
- 4 litres
- 20 litres
- 205 litres *
- 1 000 litres*
* Formats available on special order
- Lakes and ponds
- Water gardens
- Waste water treatment
Q – What is happening at the end of autumn?
In Quebec, when October comes to a close, tree leaves begin to fall to the ground, the outside temperature approaches zero and the ecosystem of your pond is preparing for winter. Due to these external conditions, your pond will benefit from treatment of beneficial bacteria digesting the new inputs of organic material that would otherwise accumulate at the bottom of your pond. Bacterius™ EQUINOX allows your pond to keep the biological balance during the winter.
Q – What is happening in the spring?
In spring, when the snow melts, some nutrients available in the soil can easily end up in your pond via surface runoff. Also, the oxygen supply in winter is reduced; spring is the season where odours created by anaerobic bacteria producing H2S are most noticeable. The water temperature is still near zero, so it is difficult for the bacteria naturally present in the ecosystem of your pond to work. Adding Bacterius™ EQUINOX to your pond in spring allows the reduction of excess nutrients in the water and eliminates odors in cold water conditions.