Tools | Aquatic Weed Rakes & Cutters
Aquatic Weed Rakes & Cutters
$ 6.35 – $ 328.70
Control unwanted aquatic weed with our selection of rakes and cutters. Cottagers and pond owners suffer the nuisance of shoreline aquatic weeds which are becoming more problematic as nutrient rich lake sediments accumulate, and as more invasive aquatic plant species inhabit our recreational waters.
- The Weed Shear and Big Tooth Weed Rake COMBO (full description below) includes larger, heavier tools with wider heads;
- The Aquatic Weed Tool TRIO (full description below) features 3 tools of lightweight and excellent quality.
We only sell quality rakes and cutters that we would use ourselves, so the choice is yours! Tools sold separately or in combinations.
Weed Shear and Big Tooth Weed Rake Combo (#WTCOMBO)
Face your aquatic weed problem with the help of the Weed Shear (WTSHEAR) and the Big Tooth Weed Rake (BTRAKE) combination. Save money when both items are purchased as a set. Tools also sold separately.
Weed Shear (#WTSHEAR)
Remove your Lake or Pond Weeds in minutes with the Weed Shear®. The Weed Shear® is uniquely designed to be the most efficient and effective tool made to cut and removing submerged lake and pond weeds like milfoil and hydrilla. Works well at the shoreline and in deep water.
The Weed Shear clears a path 122 cm (48″) wide each throw. Weighing in at just 3 kg (8 lbs.) it is light enough to toss 7.6 m (25′) or more yet heavy enough to sink to the bottom.
- Able to cut in deep or shallow water
- Cuts at the base of the weed
- There is little resistance because it slices the weeds rather than dragging them
- Box dimension: 22 x 5 x 100 cm, 4.7 kg (8.5 x 2 x 39.5″, 10.4 lb.)
- Replacement blades available separately
- Includes blade sharpener
If you have a water body full of pond weeds within a 7.6 metre ( 25′ ) radius from your launch point and you want to cut a 1.2 metre ( 4′ ) wide path with each toss, then the Weed Shear is the perfect tool for you. The Weed Shear® comes with a blade sharpener and 7.6 metres ( 25′ ) of rope.
Average assembly time is about 15 minutes. The Weed Shear has razor sharp edges. Always keep blade covers on when not in use. Weed Shear is by far the best way to deal with problematic aquatic weeds! Comes with a one year warranty. Please make sure that all locks in the handles are properly secured before using the Weed Shear.
Big Tooth Weed Rake (#WTBTRAKE)
Face your aquatic weed problem with the help of the Big Tooth Weed Rake. It is the longest, largest and best aquatic weed tool on the market.
Big Tooth Weed Rake – A Perfect Companion to the Weed Shear, for rounding up all those unwanted freshly-cut, floating aquatic weeds! The Weed Rake will remove all the debris and nuisance weeds you have cut with the Weed Shear. Big teeth allow collection of more weeds.
Get to the root of your lake or pond weed problem with the longest, widest and deepest aquatic lake rake in the industry. Easy to use and effective, this will soon become the tool of choice for clearing access to your lake or pond. This rake is also ideal for removing the organic matter at the bottom of your lake, which fuels the regrowth of more weeds! Add a float (not included) and the head will float making clean up of floating weeds easier!
What you can do with the Big Tooth Weed Rake:
- Harvest your cut weeds
- Keep your beach front free of floating debris
- Add a floating foam noodle to the rake head for pulling in floating weeds (not included).
- Remove decaying organic matter from your lake or pond
- Pulls in weeds from up to 14 m (45′ ) away
- Weigh down the hollow rake head with stones to scrape deep down
- Collect large mats of floating debris with the super-sized rake head
- The Weed Rake comes with 13 m ( 50′ ) of rope
- One year warranty
- Box Dimension : 15 x 9 x 96 cm, 3.6 kg (6 x 3.5 x 38″, 8 lb.)
The Big Tooth Lake Rake is uniquely designed to be very effective at removing lake weeds and debris floating on the surface of the water. Use in combination with Weed Shear for best results. Buy the Weed Shear and Weed Rake together for less; go to COMBO for this deal.
Aquatic Weed Tool Trio (#WTTRIO)
The only set of aquatic tools you need are included in the affordable aquatic weed tool trio kit:
- the Aquatic Weed Eradicator (WTAWE),
- the Lake Rake (WTLAKERAKE) and
- the Super Fork (WTFORK).
This tool set contains lightweight, robust tools that are properly designed for efficient aquatic weeding. The Aquatic Weed Eradicator cuts weeds at the base in both a push and pull action; the Lake Rake can float or sink to allow easier pulling-in of the cut weeds and the Super Fork is strong and lightweight enough to help with shoreline clean-up.
- Buy all 3 tools and save money on the total price
- Stay ahead of weed growth that can overtake a pond by using these well-designed tools
- Limited lifetime warranty on the Aquatic Weed Eradicator and Lake Rake, 1-year warranty on the Super Fork
- Trio Box dimension: 41 x 15 x 170 cm, 8.6 kg (16” x 6” x 67”, 16.4 lb.)
Aquatic Weed Eradicator
Lighter than other aquatic weed cutting tool, the AWE – Aquatic weed eradicator has the unique blade design that cuts in two directions, pulling toward you or pushing away from you; ideal for shoreline weeding.
New to our aquatic weeding toolkit, this weed cutter is truly AWEsome! Lighter than other aquatic weed cutting tools, this one has the unique blade design helps cut and scrape thicker weeds at the base. The solid construction and lightweight design allow you to weed underwater aquatic plants with ease.
Aquatic weed eradicator (AWE) instructions:
Simply toss in the eradicator into the pond (there is no rope attached, so don’t let go!), let the head sink to the pond floor and pull the cutter head toward you. On gentle, sandy slopes you can also push the head much like pushing a push-broom, and the Aquatic Weed Eradicator will slice from that direction also. Reinforced serrated cutting blade gives strength under the weight of the weeds. Rust proof powder-coated aluminium handle gives a 3.4 m (11 foot) reach. Cut weeds are easily removed with the Floating Lake Rake. The Super Fork allows you to handle the weeds for disposal. These tools are sold separately or as a Trio.
- 71 cm (28″) wide reinforced serrated cutting blade
- 3.4 m (11′) long blue powder coated aluminium handle, 2 pieces
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Box dimension 12 x 4 x 169 cm, 3 kg (4 ¾ x 1 ¾ x 67″, 6.5 lb.)
- Sharpen with a regular file
Lake Rake for Aquatic Weeds (#WTLAKERAKE)
The Lake Rake for aquatic weeds is the perfect complement to the Aquatic Weed Eradicator. The lighter weight and smaller head width allow you to pull in a manageable load of weeds without the strain you might have with wider, heavier rakes.
The perfect complement to the Aquatic Weed Eradicator, the Lake Rake is lightweight, strong and versatile. Use with or without the detachable float, this rake helps turn an undesirable job into an easily manageable task.
The rake head is 91 cm (36″) wide and is used to remove weeds and debris from lakes, ponds, beaches and shorelines. The Lake Rake includes a 6 m (20′) long rope and a 3.4 m (11′) long two piece, rust proof, powder coated aluminium handle. Simply remove the float and one of the handles and what remains is a professional-grade landscaping rake, excellent for dressing beach sand.
- Versatile tool for land and pond-scaping
- Durable, light weight, easy to use, robust design
- 91 cm wide head, 36 tines 6.4 cm long each, 15 m nylon rope, 3.4 m long- 2 piece handle
- (36″ wide head, 36 tines 2.5″ long each, 50′ nylon rope, 11′ long 2-piece handle)
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Box dimension: 15 x 8 x 93 cm, 3.7 kg (6 x 3 x 36.5″, 8.2 lb.)
Super Fork for Aquatic Weed (#WTFORK)
Another useful pond-scaping tool, this Super Fork is ideal for lifting up cut weeds from the pond edge or shoreline. With long flexible tines and a strong wooden handle, this lightweight fork will be a pleasure to work with. Specifically designed to lift heavy aquatic weeds;
- Lightweight 1.2 kg (2.6 lb.)
- Flexible 27 cm (10.5″) tines
- 1.3 m (52″) wooden handle
- 1-year warranty
- Box dimensions: 41 x 7 x 143 cm, 1.9 kg (16 x 3 x 56″, 4.2 lb.)
Weed Shear Sharpener (#WTSHARP)
Manual sharpener to sharpen the Weed Shear aquatic weed tool for optimal sharp blades all season long! Not recommended for the AWE.
The manual sharpener will help your aquatic weed tool stay sharp all summer long!