Windmill Aerators, accessories and parts
When the wind resource is reliable, you will have years of free aeration using the wind and Outdoor Water Solutions (OWS) windmill technology. All Outdoor Water Solutions windmill models can be custom coloured with 2 designer selected powder coated colours (red, black, white, yellow, green, bronze, silver and blue), contact us for prices and ordering.
BalCam II Compressor Upgrades
- Durable Stainless Steel Crankshafts
- Stainless Steel Excentric
- 0.6 cm (¼” ) Thick Top Cover Plate for extra protection
- Upgraded Grade 8 Bolts on top
- Upgraded Welds on Compressor Canister for durability over time
- Double Set Screw Design with Locking Snap Ring on all Excentrics and Centre Bearings
- Flats Machined on Crankshaft to Lock all Bearings and Hub into Place
- Upgraded Neoprene Diaphragm
The most popular windmill models are:
- Single line (1 air stone, 1 air line), 6 metre high (20′) (model EO1-20)
Windmill head including compressor and tower
1 air stone with integrated foot valve
1 line of 100′ ½” airline hose, non-weighted (bricks may be required to keep line from floating)
- Deluxe model (2 air stones, 2 air lines) 6 metre high (20′) (model EO2-20)
Windmill head including compressor and tower
2 air stones with integrated foot valve
1 line of 100′ ½” airline hose, non-weighted
2 lines of 50′ 1/2” airline hose, weighted
2 line manifold with valves to be placed at the shoreline
1 set of tower hinges
2 Diffuser housing buckets
2 Duck decoys acting as diffuser marker
- Other heights options are from 4.8m (16′) to 7.3 m (24′)
- Finish is galvanized steel or optional powder coated paint (see available colours below)
- Most common base is 3 legged. 4 legged and pole options also available
- High Air Output – 3.0 – 4.5 CFM rating at 30 psi
Outdoor Water Solutions worked together with a team of engineers to develop the most advanced technology available for wind driven aeration on the market today. Our new “BalCam II” technology revolutionizes the industry by significantly increasing the amount of air produced with a single diaphragm utilizing our new balanced camshaft system.
The Outdoor Water Solutions “NEW” Wind Driven Aeration System offers:
- New “BalCam II” now with a 5 year warranty, this technology minimizes bearing fatigue
- Fast & Easy Assembly
- Manufactured with high quality 18 gauge galvanized steel
- Newly redesigned blades and front dome assembly for better air flow
- Self-governing head to protect the unit in high winds
- New secure locking mechanism that attaches the windmill head to shaft
- Larger check valves and upgraded ½” airline to handle the increased air that is produced
- High Air Output – 3.0-4.5 CFM rating Rated at 30 psi
- Full 5 year warranty on bearings and cams!
Vertical Well Pumps
1. Submersible Well Pump (#EOPVERTI6.25). With a diameter of 15.88cm (6-1/4″) and a length of 154cm (60″). This well pump transfers water from a well to a pond, stock tank, or other remote location. Designed for hand dug wells or wells with minimum 16.5cm (6.5″) casings. Will pump up to 11 LPM (2.9 GPM).
Our air-driven pumps are perfect for remote water pumping needs. Works with OWS and other brand windmill aeration systems.
Requires at least 1.8m (6′) of water and 5 to 8 km/h (3 to 5 mph) winds for effective operation. PVC casing, brass check valves, and only 3 moving parts ensure low maintenance.
This pump produces up to:
- 12.2 L/min (3.2 gallons/min) at 3.05 m (10 feet)lift
- 9.6 L/min (2.5 gallons/min) at 6.1 m (20 feet)lift
- 7.3 L/min (1.9 gallons/min) at 9.15 m (30 feet)lift
- 5.1 L/min (1.3 gallons/min) at 12.2 m (40 feet)lift
2.- Gravity Water Pump (#EOVERTI2). This pump is designed for 2″ and larger water wells, cisterns or even pumping out of a pond. Uses air pressure to lift the water to the surface and out the discharge hose. This air pump has zero moving parts and is made out of 304 Stainless steel so will last virtually forever. These pumps work on a submergence principle, the greater the submergence, the higher the discharge rate. Works with our wind driven & electric aeration systems.
The amount of water pumped is based on how much of the pump is submerged in the well or cistern. The charts below allow you to calculate the PSI required and the output in GPM. You need to know 2 things to do the calculations:
- How deep is the well or cistern?
- Where is the water table?
If the well was 60 feet deep and the water table was at 25 feet, the PSI required if you put the pump on the bottom would be (60-25)/2.31 = 15.15 psi. Submergence would be 35 feet, giving you a 58% submergence and a 4.0 GPM pumping rate. The maximum PSI produced from most windmills and electric aerators is around 25 or so psi.
If you had a 150 foot well with the water table at 70 feet, the psi required would be (150-70)/2.31 = 34.6 psi which is beyond the rated output
range of our systems. You could put the pump at 120’and only use 21.6 psi, which would work . (120-70)/2.31 = 21.6 psi. You would have 42% submergence ((1- (70/120) allowing you to pump about 2.9 GPM.
Horizontal Water Pump (#EOPHORIZ)
Even in shallow water conditions, this horizontal pump has the ability to send water to where it is needed.
Horizontal Water Pump Diameter: 23cm x 56cm (9″ x 22″ ), requires a minimum water depth of 24″ for effective operation.
Freeze Control System
Your windmill should be equipped with the Freeze Control System if you are to provide aeration to your pond during winter. This system protects your air Line from freezing in the cold winter months.
The freeze control system is self-regulating and monitors changes in line pressure. If there is a blockage, it automatically squirts non-toxic ethanol into the air line to un-freeze any blockage that may exist in freezing temperatures.
Windmill replacement parts
All windmill parts are also available as replacement parts. Please contact us or consult the attached pdf file to see the list and related part number. Replacement parts from OWS, Koenders, Superior and Beckermills Windmills are also available.